|I've seen better heads on a glass of beer.|
paraphernalia, stoked up on meds for the cold I've been fighting and an energy drink. Made it there in 3 hours. had to wait for the room a bit but that was cool, Here's the highlights of the lowdown:
* Didn't make BadMike's B1 game this year but had fun in Frank Mentzer's Ad-Lib Dungeon. He took suggestions on what we wanted to see in the game and 15 minutes later he had a story. I refer to it as "Eggs for Venger."
* Got to chew on Justin and Alana Davis's ears for a while. I always enjoy seeing them and got a close-up look at their new kid. Sweet boy. I'll even forgive him for looking better in a Hawaiian shirt than I do.
* Got to spend a lot of time talking to my new best buds Richard LeBlanc (of New Big Dragon Games - http://www.newbigdragon.com) and Lloyd Metcalf (Big Time Artist Bro). Both were a font of info about small/self-publishing and self-promoting at conventions.
* Speaking of which, went to the small publishing seminar. Very informative And I got to meet another favorite guy, Trey Causey, Bloger Extraordinaire (http://sorcerersskull.blogspot.com).
* Since registration closed early this year I walked up to Doug and shoved $45 in his mitt, saying that now I was paid up for next year. Don't forget, Doug! ;)
* Met Jeff Grubb again (I had to remind him of our first meeting 20 years ago at DunDraCon). He and Steve Winter signed my Marvel Advanced FASERIP and Spelljammer box sets and we jawed about the past. I love that guy.
* Had the pleasure of playing in Mike Stewart's Victorious game. Got to play a super mage along with Mike's lovely wife Liz, Erik Tenkar and his wife Rachel plus a few more characters sitting around the table. Mke and Liz always dress up for the game and I noticed Mike looked a bit Peter Lorre-ish in his top hat, dark glasses and frock-coat. Oh, AND there was a special appearance by Left-enant Victory!
* Followed that with Lloyd Metcalf''s 1E game, Midnight Oliviah. Tougher than I imagined, but we prevailed.
*Saturday meant my Savage Worlds game that evening. I was running Mat Evans's (http://mithgarthrentertainment.com) The Mines of Valdhum. Originally written for Labyrinth Lord, the group loved it (I was fortunate enough to have 3 players who are in a regular SW group and they helped me out immensely - Thanks guys). Unfortunately, this is the second year I was scheduled for Saturday night and I think I'll have to request a different slot - I know Saturday sounds like a great time, but if you've been gaming for 2-3 days already, you're kind of wiped. And we were - we got through about 2/3 of the scenario and we decided to cut to the dragon. BUT, the group loved it and it worked out well.
* Sunday and I got to have a great talk with Jennell Jaquays and her wife about all things gaming, living in Seattle and a bunch of stuff. Thanks again Jennell and Rebecca. Always charmed,
* Sunday is usually a "get packed up and the hell out of there" day but I made time to play a bit in Doug Rhea's 1E game he pulled together.
SO, another successful con. The trip back was tedious but short. Thanks again to BadMike and Doug for putting on a great four days of gaming (Origins was also this last week but I think we have more fun in Texas). Great to see all the old gang and meet some new cohorts. On to 2016. dammit!
P.S. to the SW guys that were in my game: I seem to have lost the contact info you gave me. Could you email me at email@example.com? Thanks.