Friday, January 11, 2013

Lower Deck

Seen better heads on a glass of beer...
Newest project for me: Character Trading Cards.  Quick and dirty portraits for the DM to whip out to show the players what exactly that NPC they're talking to or monster they're fighting looks like.  I made these blanks about a year ago and promptly forgot about them.  Now that I'm making an honest efftort to do more art, these'll come in handy.  I take a few with me to places to doodle on and when I finish one I toss it in an empty shoebox next to my desk.  I'd like to fill that shoebox before the next con, but I don't know, it's pretty big...

This kills a lot of birds with one pen.  It keeps me focused on the art and I can hand 'em out at conventions, game stores, etc.  My mini-goal within this lil' project is to draw more women.  I'm notoriously bad at depicting the softer gender because males lend themselves so much better to grotesquery (and me being a fan of cartoons has always appealed to me).

So if you see me and I have any on me, just ask and I can toss ya a few...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your cards. I've been tinkering with the idea of finding images or making them and then bringing a JPeg to the drug store to make a photograph. A picture does say a thousand words. - Alan