Monday, December 31, 2012

Chuckin' Like The Doo-Dah Man...

Another Long Strange Trip...
Looks like we're rollin' into another one.  I always have high hopes for the coming year but I must admit that any year with a thirteen in it makes me a bit nervous.

All in all I find 2012 to be about average - new movies on DVD, more used games from HPB, a regular Basic D&D game, the usual.  Guess we got Obama for another four.  Oh well.  Dunno if Romney would be any better but it'd be different anyway (and that's the extent I will dwell on the political climate, thank you).

The podcast(s) are going well, Vince stepped down from Save or Die and so Mike, Liz and myself soldier on.  THAC0's Hammer still tries to come out on a somewhat regular basis.  And so it goes.

One thing that picked up was my artwork.  I actually got some paid gigs which I always appreciate.  Both Vince and Thorkie saw fit to use my stuff and I thank them.  PLUS, I got a couple of panels accepted for Gygax Magazine.  I'll be in illustrious company and I want to thank Art Director Jim Wampler for that leg up.

Heading on to '13 I'll still be doing the Basic D&D game (sometimes with Gage at my side) and, as I mentioned in a previous post, will be running some Savage Worlds with the group.  I've never used the system so it'll be a learning experience all around.

I also want to thank all the folks out there for their compliments on my artwork and my voice acting (my reading of A Christmas Carol got a major bump in downloads off the Internet Archive).  It makes it all worth while.

Okay, onward.  Let's see where we end up...

No comments: