Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pimpin' Out The RC

Levi Strauss's D&D.
Since I now have a copy of the Dungeons and Dragons Rules Cyclopedia, I feel the need to protect this Jewel of My Collection. Well, that and I had about 3 pairs of old jeans I wanted to cut up. So I got a small sewing kit, a tube of Liquid Stitch and got to work.

Viola! A denim cover, decorated by Yours Truly. Was a challenge and it's a bit on the sloppy side but it gets the job done. The pocket's handy too. I was so pleased with the outcome I did the same for my 1E AD&D PHB and DMG (the MM will have to wait until I blow the crotch out of the current pair I have - yeah yeah, I know, TMI). Next project for old jeans: dice bags, soon as I find a pattern for the Crown Royal-type bags (no, I'm not tearing apart mine). For those I'll break down and actually SEW them!


Oh, and no Liz, I'm NOT using a Bedazzler!



Update:  I later outlined the words and such with white fabric paint and went ahead and sewed the edges.  Just to make sure.

4 comments:

Havard: said...

Looks good! An excellent addition to any gamer collection :)

cat-napp said...

Oh, you should. I'm an art major and I know these things. Trust me!

Smokestack Jones said...

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Anonymous said...

It needs some bling, I have to agree.

Papercut