Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Map Rehab

Scale? 
We don' need no stinking scale!
I was rummaging through some RPG boxes in the garage and came across a folder with my old AD&D 2nd Edition campaign world (Skye). Well, not so much a whole world as a bunch of background notes and a map. I seem to recall running some fun scenarios and thought that I could use it for a Basic D&D campaign in the near future. Here's what I found:

A partially-written overview of the world.
A table with the pantheon of the world with a few god write-ups.
A background on Canas, one of the main nations in the world
A few NPC's
A hand-drawn map (by Yours Truly) of Skye (here's the full-size version)

I also remember I worked on this with my then-roommate who Wrote some of the stuff based on what I came up with (which is why I didn't recognize a few things).

Anyway, I thought I'd start with reworking the map. I could see that it's a bit overcrowded (mainly too many towns). Plus I'll have to relocate and delete a few places (Puddleton is in the wrong place and I seem to have a town named Specularum - imagine my surprise when I found out that was the capitol city of Karamekios). Yet, all-in-all it's usable. I'll let you know if anything comes of this.

No comments: