Sunday, June 24, 2007

Vidiot Savant

NOT a prostate exam
Hey, haven't tossed my voice into the void for a while. How's everyone?

Time for a big steamin' pile o' update. As you can see by the picture, I'm videoblogging now. Got me a Logitech vidcamera for notebooks and launched my face into YouTube. Here's the real deal if you want to watch a middle-aged white guy go off about stupidity (there's a thought). More of those to come, as it was actually fun.

Major DVD Purchase: The Twilight Zone: The Complete Definitive Collection landed in my mitts courtesy of Walmart.com. This set is great: all five seasons (on 28 disks) of the original show with tons of extras like interviews, commentaries, etc. If you're a fan of sci-fi, Rod Serling or the show, check it out (MSRP is $299.99US but Walmart.com has it for $169.88US and if you use their Site to Store option, no shipping charges - sweet deal). This is gonna take a good long time to get through and I'm lovin' every minute of it.

I'm about a week away from vacation in New Mexico with Becky and Gage. Lookin' forward to this, if we can find a place (or places) where we can just get up in those mountains and Forget Civilization Exists for a while.

Oh, and looks like I'll be embarking on another business venture: Karaoke Host. Met the guy who runs a lot of the shows around here and we signed contracts so pretty soon I'll be making (alleged) money for something I enjoy doing (twice in my lifetime? Be still my beating heart).

That's all I got for now. Hope to update on the road so cross yer fingers.

3 comments:

Nate said...

Hello, I just listened to your recording of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol, an it was very well done. Thanks for all of the work you put into that. Take Care!

Nate Atkinson
Oregon/Finland

Anonymous said...

Ironically, I am leaving a comment on the same subject. I am a huge (read obsessed) fan of the story A Christmas Carol. I have many version of the story in audio and video but I must say your reading of it is, by far, my favorite. You TELL the story not read it. I'm not an Englishman, but the accent sounds perfect to me. I will be choosing your version over Patrick Stewart, Orson Welles, Basil Rathbone and all the others more than once this season. Thanks for a fantastic reading! K M Simonetti

a.lost.boy said...

I just listened to your recording of dicken's Christmas Carol, and wanted to say thanks. you did a great job.