Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Open Mic, Insert Foot

Is this thing on?
Well, that was a nice little speech in the last entry, wasn't it? It's been a while now and Reality has set in for a long stay. Right now I'm hovering around 300, having lost about 5 pounds due to backsliding. Seems like I need to jump back on the wagon. Time to regroup and give my commitment more "oomph."

In Other News, I found a happenin' place on the web (for me, anyway). For quite a while now I've been wanting to do books-on-tape/CD/whatever. I'm not acting all that much, so this is a good outlet for me. Besides, I haven't been on the air and I thought it'd be a good way to keep my voice sharp.

I stumbled on to Librivox while looking up something on Wikipedia, and I love it. It's a bunch of volunteers reading Public Domain literature and offering it for download as MP3's, podcasts, etc. The readings range from okay to professional quality (belive me, there's quite a few readers on there I wish I could be as good as). They've got a big selection which is growing all the time. I've done a couple of stories and poems for them (click here if ya wanna find out what ol' Smokestack did for 'em so far, under his real moniker, Glen Hallstrom - I got more short stories to come) and I'm having a ball. BTW, they're always looking for volunteers, so if you like to read, come on by and check out their messageboards. There's a lot of great people there who love what they're doing.

As for me, back to the diet. Becky's off this week, so she can help me toe the line.

3 comments:

Dunnyman's Castle said...

Hey, Mr. Smokestack! I got my faith in ya, you can do it, just keep up the hard work, and eating right, and you'll be OK!

SteveTP said...

Keep at it!

Dunnyman's Castle said...

I made a DELICIOUS discovery the other day! I told ya about oatmeal for breakfast, right? Well they've got these Oatmeal To Go bars, that taste like a pretty good mix of oatmeal cookies and a candy bar, they're low in fat, and they give you the same amount of good nutrition as far as cholesterol reducing stuff as oatmeal, but in a tasty, snack size treat that fits in your pocket. Give 'em a try! I've replaced my regular granola bars with them, and I've lost anothert two pounds since!!