Sunday, January 15, 2006

One Hit To The Body

Pulminary Punch-Out!
It's been a while and let me tell ya why. Had a slight heart scare (I'll get to that in a minute) but since it didn't kill me, my monitor decided to die in sympathy. Either that or it Gave It's Life So's I Could Live (pretty noble for an electronic device). Either way, that's why I haven't been updating as often as I wanted to. At least I can update here at work.

So Thursday I woke up weird. Ache in my chest and arms and shortness of breath. I guess if I had morning wood I wouldn't have noticed it. Anyway, I immediately went to take my heart meds and the pain in the chest subsided. I called ny cardiologist and eventually she told me to go to the ER if it gets worse. I guess that's what you get when you have a co-pay.

Since I caught my breath a bit I started making a ziti casserole and called Becky. We finally decided I should go to the ER (something I'm loathe to do, but my doctor got her shot at it). Becky came home, we went and they tried some nitro spray under my tongue, which relieved the achy-breaky arms. Next thing I know, I'm in a hospital room with an IV in my hand and a nurse taking an EKG.

The bottom line: it was a message my body sent me which was "HEY! SOMESTACK YOU MORON! TAKE YER MEDS EVERY DAY! WADDA YOU, AN IDIOT OR SOMETHING?" So, Lesson Learned. I'm back on my Lisinopril and I have the nitro spray Just In Case@ .

That's all for now. I had some stuff I wanted to talk about, but I figured you guys needed to know.

Oh, and the casserole was delicious.

More next time...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

-Gevin
Well, as long as the Casserol wound up being good, I can rest at ease. Seriously though, it's good/lucky that it only wound up being such a mild scare (which was still, I'll bet, horrible). Keep taking your pills & chugging along, Smokestack, be the Engine That Could..
Oh, and check that Aeon episode I posted about. I've been waiting forever for a responce!
Later, man.

Smokestack Jones said...

Hey Gev,

See my comment in the Flux entry.

-SJ

Mitch said...

Listen to Gev, SJ. I don't want to lose any of my Verdict peeps.

-Mitch

Dan Mancini said...

Yikes, man. Take care of yourself.

SteveTP said...

Stay frosty!

Glad to hear alls ok.

jgodsey said...

ziti's good.

Dunnyman's Castle said...

Smokestack, take this in the friendly, and heartfelt manner in which it is meant:
My father didn't make it past 42 because he skipped his meds and didn't take good care of himself!
BE SMART!!! Take care of yourself and keep bringing your wit and kindness to the Verdict and all the other places you visit!!!

(Don't make me come to OK to whup on ya!)