Monday, October 03, 2005

It's All Downhill From Here, Folks

Weeeell, it's Monday. Got the stuff for my surgery out of the way, got a load of laundry in, now I can write. Then draw, right Smokestack? Yes Inner Me (who I refer to as Lil' Smokestack). Becky (Mrs. Smokestack) read the previous entry and got all mushy (although she was slightly miffed that I announced her weight for all the world to see). Ah, it's Good To Be King... Let's see, what else is going on? I should have a new copy of Mutants and Masterminds, Second Edition in my mitts by the end of the week, something I'm really looking forward to. I'm also looking forward to converting the few characters I have over to M&M 2nd Ed. Now if I can only find an M&M game, preferably one I don't have to GM. Farther afield, Looney Tunes Golden Collection Volume 3 is due out at the end of the month. I'll snap that up, of course. And around December I should have a couple more tins of the Walt Disney Treasures collection. That, aside from maybe one or two surprises, should wrap up my DVD buying for the year. Speaking of December, Becky goes into the hospital for her Ru-N-Y stomach surgery on November 24th and on December 1st Yours Truly will be in hospital (outpatient - thank you Lord) for the extraction of my teeth. Yes, Smokestack The Toothless will emerge with bright shiny new dentures. My plan is to wear them for at least a year (gotta get those puppies paid off) then it's teeth implants for me. Believe it or not, I'm actually looking forward to this, as it'll be the first time I've ever had straight teeth. Worth the trouble, if ya ask me. On the Creative Front, I submitted a D&D critter (The Moobit) to the Wanderer's Guild last week. It's for posting on the site. Trevis and I collaborated on it. Hopefully I'll see it up this week, as a lot of WG folks have been asking about it. It also looks like I'll be going to the GAMA Trade Show in March. I'm gonna be part of the 3AM Games group and will be hawking the WG's new book Explorers Of All: The Wanderer's Guild Guide to The Wanderer's Guild, which I got to be one of the coordinators (I was the Monster Wrangler). It's in Vegas and I'm really looking forward to seeing how much has changed (last time I went there was 1977). Wow. I guess I had more on my mind than I thought. Gotta go do the dishes. More interesting stuff later...

No comments: